Global IT – Project Management on Setting Up Permanent Control Tool
Context and challenge
Set up of the standard tool used across our client’s locations to monitor Permanent Control activities and reporting. Permanent Control is fundamental to manage the risks the Bank faces. It prevents risks from occurring through the effective implementation of a dedicated action plan on an ongoing basis. Permanent Control differs from Periodic Controls which are performed during ad hoc audits.
Results, expertise and success keys
Successfully managed to deliver a strategic project to deadlines and budgetary targets while achieving substantial benefits.
Implemented all permanent controls in the system across the client’s various locations in Americas.
Leveraged on the new permanent control system key benefits from Day 1 (one single platform to collect & monitor controls, excel export facilities, standard dashboards, automatic email reminders).
- Completed the scoping phase and phased the project into 3 main waves
- Gathered & reviewed all (permanent) controls across IT Americas before implementation in the system
- Performed training and drafted FAQ document
- Issued monthly communication notes to keep end users posted about project updates
- List of permanent controls duly documented
- Training pack
- FAQ pack
- Communicate notes about COSMOS project updates