Can you present your career in a few lines ?
I have a couple years of experience as an investment analyst at one of the leading financial institutions in Southeast Asia (Thailand) where I focused on the Private Equity and Venture Capital investments across the globe. Investment is my passion and is the area I want to grow my professions in. I also hold a bachelor's degree in Finance (Major) and German (Minor) and recently obtain a Master’s degree in International Business and Emerging Markets from the University of Edinburgh.
In 2022, I join Talan UK as a Private Equity consultant oversee the projects in Private Equity Data and Valuation with a Swiss Private Equity firm in London, UK.
What are the different projects you are working on at Talan ?
I am a part of the Private Equity teams:
- Private Equity Data: I work closely with the Geneva and Paris teams for data collection and validation of directs, secondaries and fund of fund investments. These data will be used to generate the final reports for further distributing internally and externally
- Private Equity Valuation: With the team members in London, Jersey and Geneva, I perform various investment valuations which are shared with valuation committee and used for reports.
- Private Equity Investment Team: I track the investment performance for the team and support the investment professionals for all information related to data and valuation
What 3 words would you use to introduce Talan ?
- Support: Despite of having experiences in the industry, my role at Talan UK are different from what I have done before. Hence, it requires learning, patient, time and adjustment. Talan UK is so supportive in terms of learning opportunities such as free-learning courses that help me excel my skills to be more confident at my work. Additionally, Talan UK Teams are supportive in terms of employee’s well-being which is important to me. For example, I sometimes have to work from home, Talan UK has provided me with tools and equipment helps me setting up my working station.
- Diversity: Since I join the company, I have met many friendly people with various backgrounds who are working on different interesting projects across the UK. It is really fun getting to know them and learn about their projects. At the same time, I have a chance to share my knowledge and experience with them.
- Enjoyment: Since most of us have to work at the clients, it can be difficult to get to know our colleagues, but it is not the case at Talan UK. There are several enjoyable socials that we can join to meet our colleagues who work on different projects. It is always fun joining these events and I always left with knowing new colleagues and smile ????
What has been your most memorable moment at Talan UK ?
My most memorable moment at Talan UK is when I attended the social event for the first time. I was so nervous because I met only 3 people from the company at the time and that was the first time I met my other colleagues at Talan UK. However, everyone is so nice and lovely to get to know each other. One person introduced another and then we all talked and shared things, both work and non-work related. These events make me feel as a part of Talan UK more without working with them at the same project in the same office.
Who inspires you most in life ? Why ?
Mr Kitin, a former colleague in my previous job and now my friend, has inspired me a lot in terms of work and life. I have learned from him to be hard-working, determinant, reliable, resilient and kind to myself and others. One of the most important wisdom that I adopt is the mindset of “This too shall pass”. Every obstacles and joys come and go, so it is better to not hold on to them for too long. Ever since I have adopted this mindset, I feel better on every situation happening to me knowing it will not last long. I have adapted it to work. When I encountered something at work, I would try to work on it 100%, and if that thing was an obstacle, I know that it would not last forever. When it comes to endorsement, I embrace and appreciate it sincerely and use it as a push for my next mission.