From Chatbots to Augmented Conversational Assistants
Talan participates in the DATA + AI summit, Thursday May 27 at 11 a.m. with the intervention of Frédéric Jacquet and Lao-dja Songdou Tchala on the theme of From Chatbots to Augmented Conversational Assistants
From Chatbots to Augmented Conversational Assistants: An Experimental Study combining AI and Crowdsourcing
Developing technology, including Natural Language Understanding and Machine Learning are taking Chatbots, Virtual Assistants, Conversational Bots… to an extent unheard of in the past. And yet, we cannot but notice that efforts are still needed for these interactive agents to attain a satisfactory level of conversational abilities. As a matter of fact, Bots still often cause a classic frustration effect when they reach limits in the scope of their powers.
In order to take Bots beyond their technical boundaries:
- We augmented them with technologies such as advanced data processing and Artificial Intelligence, including computer vision specific capabilities to mention just a few.
- We designed a unique approach based on crowdsourcing methods complementing and enhancing existing techniques to AI / Deep Learning.
In this talk, we will present the result of our research based on two tracks:
- As part as our first iteration of research (aka “AVA”), we focused our efforts on identifying the most relevant AI/ML features that bring advanced conversational capabilities to Chatbots.
- In a second iteration (aka “CIVA”), we concentrated our research on bringing more understanding and replying abilities to Bots defining a progressive methodology where data are improved.
In this presentation you will see how we augmented Chatbots capabilities with:
- Machine Learning
- Computer vision
- Sentiment analysis
- Conversational methods
In this session watch:
- Frederic Jacquet, Chief Innovation Officer, Talan
- Lao-dja Songdou Tchala, Data Scientist, Talan