The mission, in short:
- Year: Since 2019
- Country: France
- Sector: Transportation
- Mission type: Business Intelligence / Data Analytics
Context and challenges: structure and rationalise the creation of analytical tools
In 2019, a major transport operator called on Talan to structure and streamline its creation of analytical tools. The aim was to remedy the scattering of tools in the various departments and thus avoid duplication, additional costs and compatibility problems.
The stakes were high, as the tools developed concerned fields as varied as budget management, equipment maintenance or traffic data. At the technical level, the skills implemented covered all data professions, from data acquisition to visualisation.
The mission: creation of a service centre dedicated to Analytics
A new centralised organisation
In consultation with the ISD, it was decided to create a service centre (CDS) to manage all the company's data projects. Since 2019, this SDC has brought together project managers (who are in contact with business lines and users), ISD representatives, as well as several Talan consultants.
Table: a scalable BI and analytical solution, perfectly adapted to the customer context.
To successfully complete the various projects, Talan used data visualisation tools, mainly Tableau. This tool has the advantage of being “customer-oriented”: rather easy to use, it is generally well accepted by users. Tableau is also an evolving tool. It can be used to visualise a large number of data sources, from simple Excel to big data databases and relational databases.
The results: a hundred Data Analytics projects in three years
The implementation of a CDS dedicated to data issues has made it possible to carry out a hundred projects in the space of three years, of which more than two-thirds with Tableau. Thanks to their technical expertise, the Talan teams have developed features that are not native: for example, they have supplemented certain viewing devices with web data (filters, geographic maps, query results, etc.).
Key success factors:
- Expertise in Data Intelligence solutions: our Data Intelligence experts rely on a solid knowledge base of our solutions. We also capitalise on the sharing of best practices identified on projects already carried out with other clients.
- Service centre by Talan: we have developed an unparalleled methodology to support our customers’ transformation projects. Our CDS are made up of pools of managerial, technological and business expertise to co-construct relevant, innovative solutions with our customers, with a commitment to results and in complete transparency.
- Adaptability: Since the start of the project, the Talan teams have managed to adapt to all kinds of technical and business issues in order to best meet the customer’s needs.
- Communication: Despite the health crisis and the containment, the Talan consultants managed to maintain communication with the project managers and the business lines, so that the level of activity initially planned could be respected.